1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete List of Helmets in Halo 4 War Games

Discussion in 'First Person Shooter' started by Devil Mingy, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Devil Mingy

Devil Mingy Supreme Member

Disclaimer - As a preface, I will add that none of this information comes from an illegally obtained copy of Halo 4 or from someone who has one. This list came from the armory list of the PAX build, which 343 Industries has confirmed contains the full armory.

To make the list as simple as possible, I will only be listing the helmets. For everything else in the armory, please refer to videos from BravoMLG and Ready Up Live.

After the name of each helmet, I will list its designated armor skin after it in RED. Any additional info will be in BLUE. I will end with the best image I could find of the helmet.

Recruit - PRME - Skin exclusive to Halo 4 Limited Edition - IMAGE (PRME skin)

Warrior - MTRX - IMAGE

Air Assault - VERG - IMAGE

Soldier - ZNTH - IMAGE

Aviator - BOND - IMAGE

Defender - CTRL - IMAGE

Recon - SURG - IMAGE

EVA - BRCH - IMAGE

Warmaster - PRML - IMAGE

Scout - APEX - IMAGE

Orbital - AEON - IMAGE (AEON skin)

Infiltrator - TRAC - IMAGE

HAZOP - ALOY - Skin exclusive to preorder from Gamestop - IMAGE (ALOY skin)

EOD - SHDW - IMAGE

Oceanic - CRCT - Skin exclusive to preorder from Walmart, BT Games, and GAME - IMAGE (CRCT skin)

Enforcer- TRBL - IMAGE

Wetwork - SHRD - Unlocked via Specialization - IMAGE

Operator - SRFC - Unlocked via Specialization - IMAGE

Pioneer - ADPT - Unlocked via Specialization - IMAGE

Pathfinder - CORE - Unlocked via Specialization - IMAGE

Engineer - EDGE - Unlocked via Specialization - IMAGE

Stalker - CRSH - Unlocked via Specialization - IMAGE

Rogue- FCUS - Unlocked via Specialization - IMAGE

Tracker - ADRT - Unlocked via Specialization - IMAGE

Vanguard - CNVG - IMAGE

CIO - WEB - Skin exclusive to preorder from Amazon - IMAGE (WEB skin)

Venerator - RPTR- Skin exclusive to preorder from Best Buy or JB Hi-Fi - IMAGE (RPTR skin)

Gungnir - PULS - Skin exclusive to preorder from Microsoft Store or EB Games New Zealand - IMAGE (PULS skin)

Commando - FRCT - IMAGE

Ranger- STRK - IMAGE

Protector- DRFT - IMAGE

Mark VI - Unlocked by completing campaign on Legendary - IMAGE

Raider- DSTT - IMAGE

Deadeye - Exclusive to preorder from Best Buy - IMAGE

Locus - Exclusive to preorder from HMV UK and JB Hi-Fi - IMAGE

Scanner - Exclusive to War Games Map Pack retail version - IMAGE

Strider - Exclusive to War Games Map Pack retail version - IMAGE

FOTUS - Exclusive to Halo 4 Xbox 360 console - IMAGE
    :
  2. Noelemahc

Noelemahc Le Unfun Terrible

Holy crap, but some of these are UGLY AS HECK.
  3. Jarac

Jarac Supreme Member

Old news, Noel. We Waypointers have known about the ugly helmets for quite a while now. The only Helmet I'll be wearing is Recruit until I unlock my glorious Scout. It's been my tradition to wear Scout since Halo 3. Though they sort of messed it up a bit.
  4. Noelemahc

I guess I should wear this on a sign somewhere or something. I don't own an Ecks-Bocks. I couldn't give two flying flies about Halo 4 itself, I'm just here for the pretty picktures and seeing whether the new devs will stick to the ambiguity about the Halo-Marathon connection or dump it (they apparently are going the second route), so the removal of the Security helmet saddens me immensely.
  5. Lionboy

Lionboy Supreme Member

I've been saying it for awhile...but the new armor designs look extremely unattractive to me. Is it because 343 wants to make sure it's their own game and not just a continuation on Bungie's series? Since creating a persona with customization has been an increasingly fun aspect of the Halo series for me it's a bummer either way.
  6. Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich Supreme Member

To each their own I suppose...

I'll admit, I didn't like the new designs either, especially when I first saw what they did to Recon! However, they have grown on me since I first saw them months ago, including recon. With such a wide variety, I probably will end up switching my armor up more so than any other game, and I usually stick with the same armor permutations for almost the entire time once I've unlocked everything I wanted.
  7. Jarac

Jarac Supreme Member

I hate how 343i is doing the skins. They are tied to a certain armor set. I hate the new Hazop, and will not be wearing it. It looks ugly as sin. It's a waste of a pre-order bonus, IMO. Pre-Order skins should have been available to all armor, not just one.
  8. Jarac

Jarac Supreme Member

Eh, I'll keep it. I'll use it for machinima or something.
  9. Lionboy

Lionboy Supreme Member

The Vanguard helmet has grown on me. I will probably use that one when I unlock it. Or just recruit...

Also, didn't notice it until now because I'm still pissy about Mk V but, why no ODST?
  10. Jarac

Jarac Supreme Member

I think the regular Recruit helmet is supposed to be a replacement for ODST, which makes since. Since these are Spartans, they need helmets equipped for Spartans. 343i is trying to tie the canon into the multiplayer and everything so I'm sure that this is their reasoning.

As for me, I'll stick with Scout. It's been the helmet I've worn for most of Halo 3 and most of *shudders* Reach. I didn't like the change of the helmet from 3 to Reach. Although I think they messed it up a little bit with the Halo 4 Scout helmet, at least it's back in the style of the Halo 3 version and not the Reach version.
  11. Young Sandwich

From a canonical standpoint, I think (it has not been officially confirmed but seems likely) that since the Spartan IV program will take in the best of the best of the normal, non-augmented soldiers that humanity has to provide, which would normally go to into the ODST's, are now being conscripted into the Spartan IV program. So, there is no need to keep producing ODST armor or helmets, although it would have been nice to have as a throw back with the Mark V, although I never did like the revamped versions of the Mark V in Anniversary or Reach.
  12. John Schrader

John Schrader Well-Known Member

Yuck, those are some horrible looking helmets. They look like something out of a heavy-metal themed, cyberpunk than a Halo game.

I'll be pre-ordering it, but I'm afraid 343 Industries might be appeasing the Call of Duty crowd with some of the changes they've made. :cautious:
  13. Young Sandwich

I'll agree that 343i wanted to reach a wider audience for this game than previous installments, but I doubt all of the graphical changes were made just to appease CoD fans. In fact, if they wanted to appeal more to CoD fans, they would have dropped the polygon resolution, added a noob tube as an attachment and a horribly written narrative for the campaign.

That said, Treyarch does look like they may have crafted a decent script for BOII, but I'll have to wait to see if that pans out.
  14. Lionboy

Lionboy Supreme Member

There seem to be lots of changes to the Halo formula. Some minor changes like killcam. Some quite major changes like the new unlock and class customization system. We'll just have to see how it turns out. I can't make a definite judgement without playing it. Funnily enough, we didn't get an open beta this time around. Coincidence? I think not! lol

When I buy Halo, I want to play Halo. Sure, in some ways the series could use some reinventing, but I hope I'm not buying a Call Of Duty game.

Also, does anyone know if the DLC codes in LE edition are regionlocked?
  15. John Schrader

John Schrader Well-Known Member

I can't anyone of from MLG, knowing how corrupt the gaming industry is these days. I'm just really cautious, because Halo always plays like a slower paced and more strategic version of Unreal Tourney. Now it seems they're making a Call of Duty version of Halo, if they add iron sights in Halo 4, then Halo is dead to me just like how Mass Effect is dead to me.

Evil publishers are evil! :mad:
  16. TK Krisars

TK Krisars Supreme Member

Of all discussions about Halo 4 I've read, ''Halo 4 is a CoD-rip off'' pisses me off the most. I won't deny 343 Industries took some things from Call of Duty and applied it into their own formula, but as far as I'm concerned, the core gameplay is still Halo (As does the fans who played it on Eurogamer, PAX, etc..).

Also, 343 aren't crazy enough to put iron sights on Halo. It's not viable for the core gameplay.

Speaking of the helmets, yeah, some of them are ugly as shit, and I think I'll go with Recruit since it grow to me.
  17. Young Sandwich

The whole "Halo is becoming CoD" argument is ridiculous and if you believe it, you must either be a child or new to the gaming industry. CoD wasn't the first to implement all of the things that Halo is being criticized for, such as weapon customization, loadout customization, perks, kill-cams etc. CoD "rip-offed" those elements from other games and guess what? They worked and the CoD franchise became better for it. So now it is a crime for 343i to implement *some* of those elements to make their games better and more inviting to new players?

If you don't like the new elements, but have loved the older halo games and think these new elements are heresy, there is an easy solution for you; don't use them.

My ex-grilfriend's little brother had this same argument with the other day, and when I tried to explain it to him, he didn't understand; maybe that is why this argument is still floating out there.
  18. Devil Mingy

Courtesy of the new Interactive Guide and some nice Halogaf and HBO patrons, here is a better look at a lot of the armor. If you have a slow internet connection, I suggest not clicking.

Click here
    Lionboy likes this.
  19. Noelemahc

Some of them look decidedly like anime mecha designs rather than practical infantry helmets. The EOD one is a Clone Trooper helmet from Star Wars =)
  20. Devil Mingy

If there is one thing that I can definitely say I'm not happy about with Halo 4, it's the art style. Everything else might grow on me, but I don't think I'll ever look at most of the armor and the new Covenant designs with anything but revulsion.